Is a skin detox really effective? Can a cleanse clear up problem skin?
As the body's largest elimination organ, skin is significantly impacted by the health of the other elimination organs—colon, lungs and kidneys—as well as the health of our body in general, particularly liver health and candida overgrowth. When considering a skin detox of some type there are a few things to keep in mind:
Short answer: "Yes". The right skin cleanses, candida detox, liver cleanses and colon cleanses absolutely help produce radiant, clear and healthy skin.
Most health encouraging cleanse programs have two main components, both a reduction in the amounts of toxins being taken in by the body as well as improved toxin elimination. To reduce the amount of toxins being taken in by the body, the following should be avoided:
- Our bodies have a natural detoxification process that occurs on an ongoing basis; it processes both external toxins taken in through the air and diet (i.e. pesticides, by-products of the water chlorination process) as well as the internal toxins that are produced as a natural part of cellular metabolism and other body functions (i.e. free radicals).
- There are a wide variety of detox programs (i.e. diet alone, diet and herbs, fasting, supplements) that precipitate detoxification in a variety of organs (i.e. liver/gall bladder, kidneys, blood, colon).
- Detox programs should generally be started gradually, with time for the body to adjust to dietary/lifestyle changes and thereby minimizing cleanse symptoms.
Improvement in toxin elimination can be encouraged both by enhanced nutritional intake and absorption as well as specific cleanse practises, and can include:
- refined foodstuffs
- potential allergens
- yeasted/fermented foods
- environmental toxins such as most conventional personal hygiene and household cleaning products.
- dietary change
- short or modified fasts
- consumption of organic or unadulterated foods
- drinking purified water
- use of enzyme digests
- use of probiotics
- use of antioxidants
- use of Candida supplements
- Castor oil packs
- liver/gall bladder cleanses
- colon cleanses
- dry brushing
- steam rooms
- detox baths.
I have been drinking lots of water and eating LOTS of veggies. The past 2 days I have felt much better, more energy and not as tired. I have been taking the dog for walks too. I just needed to get over that hump I think. Overall I feel good... just not satisfied but I guess that is part of the detox and withdrawal that I am having.
Thanks for all the tips!!! I am on my way... 4 weeks seems like a long time, but I will try!
Though Begin Within Natural Skincare's Healthy Foods List is a good starting point for anyone wanting to promote skin health, if digestive issues, parasites, or dysbiosis—an unhealthy balance of intestinal microbes—are factors, then additional measures such as the Candida Foods List, Liver Cleanses and Colon Cleanses should be considered.
Check out other Begin Within Natural Skincare Candida pages:
Start with What is CandidaCauses of Candida Overgrowth
How to do a Candida Spit Test
Candida Symptoms and a helpful Candida SurveyA Candida Cleanse with an Anti-Candida Diet
and a Candida Colon Cleanse
Candida Die-off Symptoms and how to deal with them
Return from Skin Detoxes to Candida Symptoms
Simple and Tasty Candida Diet
One of the contributing factors to obesity is often Candida overgrowth. That's why my Overweight Kids in a Toothpick World book contains a simple dietary cleanse that helps break sugar addictions AND reduces candida overgrowth.
If you are looking for a simple cleanse that includes:
-a 28 day action plan
-tasty, affordable recipes
-potential weight loss and clear skin bonuses
order Overweight Kids in a Toothpick World today and let the journey to increased health begin!
Get Follow Me Buttons